Hair plays a critical role in the overall appearance of a person and ladies tend to take it more seriously than me. If you have thick hair, you need to find the best flat iron for thick hair so as to handle it effectively.
When thick hair is not handled properly, it may be a negative thing to have and will not enhance your appearance. You should invest in the best flat iron for thick natural hair so that you can have excellent looks.
How to Define Thick Hair Types?
People with thick hair tend to have their entire scalp covered. The thick density and the diameter of the hair are the main differentiating factors for the different types of thick hair.
When looking for the best flat iron for thick hair, you should be certain about the specific grade of your hair so as to find the perfect straightener.
Best Flat Iron For Thick Hair
What is the best flat iron for thick hair? In order to answer this question, we will review a couple of models on the market.
1. U-Smooth Professional Smoothing Iron
This is one of the most effective flat irons on the market. It comes with 1-1/2 inch titanium plates, which can be heated to a maximum temperature of 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
This is the best flat iron for thick curly hair and is revered by professional hairstylists. The bi-metal thermostat feature on this flat iron will ensure that the results are long-lasting.
The bi-metal thermostat will cause the flat iron to turn off automatically after 30 to 40 minutes, which is a protective measure. As such, you can trust the safety of this flat iron even when you are not using it.
This Smooth flat iron lives up to its name in that you will be able to glide over the hair, without pulling or snagging. This is made possible by the ceramic-titanium plates, which are oriented for high performance.
At the end of it all, you will have shiny hair, which has been styled to perfection. If you are looking for the best flat iron for thick curly hair on the market, you should definitely consider this brand, which is quite affordable and efficient. If you are in a rush to straighten your hair, this is the best flat iron for thick hair.
Features and Accessories
The ceramic-titanium plates and the bi-metal thermostat control are the key features that enhance the efficiency of this flat iron. You will have a smooth process of straightening your hair.
- This flat iron has been designed such that you would only need a few strokes to get your hair to the desired style.
- The bi-metal thermostat control is ideal for those who are keen on creative hairstyles.
- The 30 to 40 minutes auto shut off is a safety feature. In the event that you forgot to turn it off, this feature will handle it.
- The sleek design of the titanium plates will make it easier to slip on the hair.
- The ergonomic design and ceramic heating element will allow even heat on the plates and this makes hair straining effortless.
2. VIBRAstrait Oscillating Flat Iron
This is considered to be the best flat iron for curly thick hair due to the combination of gentle vibration and heat. The flat iron has tourmaline ceramic plates, which will allow the hair to glide between them seamlessly.
This will generate exceptional results with smoother and straighter hair, without any pulling or tugging. There is a variable temperature setting, ranging from 190 to 450 degrees.
This means that you can adjust the temperature for any type of hair, making it the best flat iron for thick hair.
The rapid heat up and automatic shut off features are unique and enhance the efficiency and safety of this flat iron. There is an easy on-off oscillation button on this flat iron, making it easy to use.
The tourmaline ceramic plates will oscillate at a rate of 7500/minute. The flat iron will lock in moisture and the natural oils in the hair and this will result in a frizz-free and lustrous appearance.
This is one of the few flat irons that have been able to combine the heat and vibration results to provide smooth and straight locks. You can make use of this flat iron to straighten thick hair with virtually no pull.
Features and Accessories
The combination of vibration and heat on the tourmaline ceramic plates makes this to be the best flat iron for thick frizzy hair. It can be able to handle any type of hair, irrespective of the density, effectively.
- This flat iron has an LED temperature display, which you will use to check the current temperature.
- There is a vibrating technology with 7500 oscillations in a minute, which will help straighten thick hair.
- The ceramic heat elements take about 8 seconds to heat up.
- The VIBRAstrait flat iron has variable temperatures from 190 to 450 degrees, allowing you to set it to the ideal temperature.
- The superior quality tourmaline plates will glide over the hair easily, making it possible to straighten the hair in a few passes.
3. Remington S9950 Digital Hair Straightener
This is said to be the best flat iron for thick coarse hair since it also provides conditioning in addition to straightening. These are attributes that will make your hair become stronger and healthier.
This will reduce the number of products that you would need to spend on conditioning. The ceramic plates on this flat iron are responsible for salon-like results.
Ceramic will improve the overall distribution of the heat and also ensure that the heat that steady across the entire plate. It is ceramic that facilitates seamless gliding with no pull or snag.
The Shine Therapy Flat Iron will prevent dehydration on your hair. This will keep your hair healthy and vibrant at all times. The ceramic plates have heat-activated conditioners, which will offer a double benefit in that you will straighten your hair and condition it at the same time.
The plates have vitamin E and avocado oil and this will be emitted through the microscopic pores, onto the hair. At the end of it all, you will have straight, smooth and shiny hair that has been conditioned.
Over and above, this is the best flat iron for thick hair as it will prevent damage to the hair follicles.
Features and Accessories:
The combination of straightening and conditioning is a big plus for this flat iron. This is made possible by the ceramic plate, which is infused with conditioners, which will prevent dehydration and damage to the hair.
- The plates are durable and are designed to last for the lifetime of the product, which is estimated to be 4 years.
- This is the best flat iron for thick hair with conditioning plates that are infused with conditioners and as such, they prevent damage to the cuticle and retain moisture.
- The Turbo Boost Mode causes the plates to heat up to 430F in 30 seconds.
- The digital precise temperature control features have a temperature lock option, which is a safety enhancement.
- While the Shine Therapy is not dual voltage, it works well with a voltage converter.
How to Straighten Thick Hair with Flat Iron?
When using the best flat iron for thick hair, if you do not know how to make use of it, then the results may be unappealing. However, you can follow these steps so as to get great results:
- Make sure that you have cleaned your hair and dried it completely. You can use a blow dryer to make sure that the hair is completely dry.
- Use the various oils to enhance the results. You can make use of the scalp serum and the heat protectant.
- Turn on the flat iron and adjust the temperature accordingly. The temperature is adjusted based on the type of hair.
- Divide the hair into small sections and start straightening your hair from the root to the tip, while adding volume.
- Ensure that your glides are slow and gradual. This will prevent any cases of pulling or snagging hair that may get stuck on the edges of the flat iron.
With all said and done, it is only logical to buy the best flat iron for thick hair. So what is the best flat iron for thick hair? There are a number of factors that will come into play when looking at the specific flat iron to buy.
However, in our recommendation, the VIBRAstrait Oscillating Flat Iron, 1 3/4″ stands out from the rest. This is a unique flat iron that combines vibrating and heating technology to provide exceptional styling results for your hair.